Friday, April 11, 2008

Grrrrrr

Wow, I've not posted anything here for ages. Or on the internet in general really-I've still been reading plenty, but I've been kind of feeling that internet discussions and blogging aren't the greatest use of my time. I have been crafting and cooking plenty though, and I was feeling the urge to blog some of it with lots of pretty pictures...and then my camera got nicked. And my phone. And 2 bags of Mark's filled with books and random stuff. We are stupid, we were really tired and went to bed without checking that the front door was locked. The area we live in is more than a bit dodgy, so unsurprisingly, someone walked right in whilst we were sleeping, and took what they could see. Actually, it could have been so much worse, they left all the big things (TV, stereo, DVD player), and several shelves of DVDs and CDs, and my house keys and passport which were on the coffee table, and they didn't come upstairs and murder us in our beds or anything, so we were lucky. Lucky and stupid. It was just silly opportunist kids, so it's more annoying than anything. Especially because all my phone numbers are lost, and a load of photos that hadn't been uploaded. And also, we are skint beyond belief so I don't see how we are going to be able to replace the camera. Which is a right pain in the arse, because it's somewhat useful.
Oh, and it was Mark's birthday. Yeah, we got robbed on his birthday. He was a bit upset. But, I did make him a gigantic vegan fry up (veg sausages, veg bacon, scrambled tofu, baked beans with sauteed red peppers, fried bread and hash browns, mmmm) for his breakfast, and then an enormous feast for dinner (Sweet potato fries, fancy garlic bread, homemade vegan pizza, spinach salad, vegan choc mousse AND vegan cheesecake). I would like to post photos but never mind hey. It was nice, anyway.
Ah well, we'll see if I can somehow get my hands on a camera before too long. Cos if I can't constantly bombard the internet with pictures of my kid and my cooking, however will I cope?

No comments: