Saturday, January 27, 2007

Finally, a nest to nest in!

So we've found a house, and signed for it for 18 months. Scary stuff (err, not in comparison to having a baby, true, but just one scary step on the increasingly scary journey!), but pretty damn good really. I like it at Mark's, I get on with his housemates and it has meant me not paying rent for a couple of months, but damn I'm starting to need a space of my own. And it's not incredibly conducive to pregnant-ness here, cos it always stinks of weed and everything in the kitchen feels greasy and there's stuff growing in the fridge and there is always loud dubstep coming from some room or other, which is nice but not when I need to sleep(wow, these things would never have bothered me about 8 months ago, whudda thunk it?).
We went to see a few houses, some nice but too expensive, some nice but in the wrong place, some just unbelievably shite and over priced, and thankfully the last one we saw, just when it was getting desperate, was pretty much everything we were after. It's big, 2 bedrooms, a cellar, not in pristine condition but definitely not too shabby either (I don't like the wallpaper in the living room, or the fireplace, but that's not exactly the top priority!). And they knocked the rent down to £50 a week until June, then £55 afterwards, because it's been empty for a while. Hopefully it will be good for us. The amount of space will definitely be a bonus, as we can be out of each other's hair easily, and I have lots and lots of crap (I don't think Mark realises this yet as I haven't actually had a permanent place to live in this country since we met, and have been living out of a rucksack for a long fucking time now...). I can't wait to get in there and make it pretty and cosy and full of my crap, and ready for baby. I will be wearing denim dungarees and a headscarf and brandishing a paintbrush for the next few months, thereby fulfilling my pregnant nesting woman urges (and longer standing denim dungaree and headscarf urges).
We pick up the keys 1st Feb, next Thursday. Thankfully we can have a nice slow move, as all of my crap is at my mum and dad's house and isn't going anywhere, and Mark's stuff is here (a 5 min walk away from the new place), and can also stay for a little bit. So hopefully it won't be too stressful.
If only we had a digital camera to do befores and afters (and pregnant tummy in dungaree pics haha). We'll see (cos I'm sure as hell gonna want to put bambina pics up on the old internets!).

No comments: