Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Unmotivated and heavy...

So, once again my attempts to blog have trailed off miserably within 4 posts. It's weird, I always think it would be great to write a post, start composing it in my head, but then when I sit down at the computer all I can do is read message boards and other people's blogs. I'm definitely a wallflower when it comes to the internet, but never mind. We've had internet (and a load of fancy TV channels woo) in the house for a couple of weeks now, so I really have no excuse. Maybe I will get my arse in gear from now on, although I doubt it. Things have been going pretty well overall, and I am happy and excited and healthy, but oh so tired. And I seem to be constantly doing stuff, but not getting anything done... Can't believe it's only about 7 weeks till my due date (although I think she will be late, but my midwife won't put the date back grr). It's so exciting, but oh so scary! I'm lucky though, things have been going better than I could ever have hoped for in terms of cohabiting and our relationship in general-in fact we are disgustingly loved up, and it's rather nice if I do say so myself. Seeing how excited he is makes me feel better if I ever get any worries or doubts, and to be honest it's all turned out rather perfectly (so far, of course it is early days but all indications are good). I am a very very lucky lady.

Babe is still doing well, I had to have another scan this morning unfortunately, after being scared shitless once again over the last few days by the lack of movement from the little one. All seems well, she's just bashing my placenta (that damn placenta!), and I have trouble feeling it, which is very annoying as I never quite relax. She's still a girl (!), now 4 scans have said that so if she comes out with added extras it will be beyond surprising. And she's head down, and has been for a good four weeks, so hopefully she will continue to like it that way! I'm reading shit loads of positive birthing books, my (lovely) doula has leant me Ina May's Guide to Childbirth (which I have ordered from Amazon but is taking forever to come through and i need sooner rather than later), plus some other great volumes about empowering birth. We've got the go ahead for a homebirth so far, and I'm very confident that that is what I want, and Mark is definitely on my side although he has had some worries. We started National Childbirth Trust classes last week, have another tomorrow morning, which is lots of fun! They are really good (so much better than the so called 'Active Birth' class at the hospital which basically said 'move around a bit and then we'll give you an epidural'). We are hilariously out of place amongst the couples there, who are all in their thirties, married and have successful careers. It's quite funny. But the classes are great, especially for M as they have loads of information for men and it means he doesn't have to read quite as many girly books!
Gonna go and do something productive now...perhaps. We are decorating the bathroom and it's nearly done, just needs a second coat on the upper half, but i have been banned from the scary looking stepladder so will have to wait until Mark has an actual day off to finish it. I could, however, finish painting the side of the bath. Or make the cushion covers I've been meaning to do since we moved in. Or sort baby clothes. Or bake some bread. Or start the essays I absolutely have to get done pretty damn soon. Or perhaps I'll just carry on reading message boards and blogs...

No comments: